Our Process: What to expect when working with Marshall
We don’t like surprises, and we don’t expect our customers to either. We hope this page will help you know exactly how your remodeling project process will unfold.
Scheduling your project
- We strive to keep a tight schedule and execute our projects in order of contract date. Our projects are typically scheduled several weeks after the contract date. Your rep should have discussed a timeline with you, but if you have any questions about that, please call.
- We will call you 3-7 days ahead of your scheduled start date, to give you time to prepare for your project.
- This date may change up to the last minute due to weather or other unforseen delays.
- We will update you as soon as possible, if we need to adjust the start date for any reason.
- If you have specific dates that do not work for you, or other special notes, requirements or questions, please call the office or let us know above on the “Make A Special Request” tab.
- We’re here with you every step of the way. Call our office at any time to check-in for status updates: 401-438-1499
Project: Day 1
- Our crews begin their work day between 7-8 am.
- If you have pets, please make sure to lock and close any gates or barriers. And let us know – what’s your pet’s name? We’d love to help him or her feel safe and comfortable.
- Your roofing, siding, and window materials will be delivered on the first day of your project or the day before.
- If your project requires a dumpster, we will have it delivered in your driveway, unless otherwise noted below.
- Our project managers will be in close contact with the crew during the entire project, making sure the job goes smoothly. Please do not hesitate to direct any questions or details to their attention.
- Our roofing crews require access to outdoor electrical outlets. If you do not have one, please let us know ahead of time.
- When we’re installing your roof, expect it to be a little noisy! Between stripping the old shingles and hammering the new ones, there’s quite a bit of banging going on up there.
- During roof replacements debris can fall from the attic and garage ceilings, so it’s wise to cover any items you may have stored in your attic or garage. Likewise, you should secure items that are propped on shelves that may be knocked down.
- Most importantly, it will be a WORK SITE during your project. We advise people to leave the house for the day or remain indoors if you do stay home. Roofing is messy and dangerous work. We we’re done, it’ll look like we were never there (aside from your beautiful new roof), but while we’re working, it’s best you remain clear of the work-in-progress.
- If your roof project is not completed in one day, it will be keep watertight at the end of each day. The job site will be cleaned at the end of each day.
- Our siding crews require access to outdoor electrical outlets. If you do not have one, please let us know below.
- If you have delicate items hanging from your interior walls (or stored on shelves), you might want to secure them, because they may move around or be knocked down while our crews are installing your siding.
- All work is left watertight at the end of each day.
- The job site will be cleaned at the end of each day.
- Our window installers typically arrive promptly at 7:30 am.
- During window installations, our crew will remove and reinstall your window treatments for you. However, if you have heavy duty treatments, you may be best off removing them ahead of time.
- Likewise, our installers will move and replace any furniture that may be in their way.
- Our work area will be thoroughly cleaned each day.
After Project Completion
- Leftover materials and dumpster will be removed 1-2 days following your project’s completion.
- When the dumpster is removed, please check the area for nails as those can often fall from the dumpster during removal.
- We’ll connect with you to make sure our work met your satisfaction.
- We will mail out our end-of-project package, which will include your invoice.
- We may request permission to snap some photos to share in our portfolio or on our website.
- We guarantee our workmanship for a full 15-years and are always just a phone call or click away.
Need to make a special request?
Are there dates we should avoid? Do you have pets? Are you unable to have a dumpster in your driveway? Is there no outside power supply at your house?
Make a Special Request
Special orders don’t upset us
Fill out the form below to make your request.
Write a Review
Thank you for working with Marshall.
We’re honored you chose us. Will you take a moment to write an online review of your experience with us?
We would love a review on any one (or more!) of these sites:
Option 1: Yelp. Please only pick Yelp if you have written at least 5 reviews there. (Yelp tends to “filter” new reviewers’ feedback.) Please click either of these links: Our RI Yelp page | Our MA Yelp page
Option 2: Google. Please sign into your gmail account and click this link: Gmail/Google
Option 3: Better Business Bureau. Whether you live in RI or MA, please write your review here.
Option 4: Angie’s List. Whether you live in RI or MA, please write your here.
Please call me, Anne, at 401-438-1499 if you have any questions, or if for some reason we have not given you a 5-star experience yet.
Interested in helping us with a video testimonial?
If you’d be willing to take a few quick minutes to help us with a short video testimonial, we’d be indebted for life (well maybe not, but we’d be really, really honored and appreciative.)
Refer Family and Friends
Refer Your Friends
Our company is built on repeat business and referrals from happy homeowners. As a thank-you, we offer our TeamMarshall Referral Program, which rewards our customers who refer a friend, relative or neighbor to our company, who in turn purchases a roof replacement, siding installation, or houseful of windows.
If you refer a new customer our way, we’ll send you a $100 gift card. It’s our heartfelt thank-you and we hope you’ll use it for something fun! Maybe a night out with friends or a nice dinner with someone special? Or maybe you just need some groceries or gas for the week? Whatever you decide, it’s on us.
To refer a friend, simply pass along our name and number and tell them to mention you. They can call or visit our site to schedule a free estimate and consultation anytime. Or email them our contact page.